Monday, June 11, 2012

Review: DC Direct The New Frontier Dr. Fate Figure


So far, this is my  favorite Dr. Fate figure in my collection.  I love that the character has a very basic design, yet the figure is very detailed.  I also really like the retro look/feel of the character design.  The shades of blue and gold that were picked really "pop" out.  The Helm of Nabu looks great, and I like the fact that you can see Kent's eyes through the Helm's eye holes.  I also like that the character is bare handed instead of wearing gloves which is really reminiscent of the Golden Age Dr. Fate.  The Amulet of Anubis is very pronounced and appears to be attached by his cape.  I love the detail of his collar and that although you can tell that the character is supposed to be muscular, it is not over exaggerated.  You can also see line on his shirt from were it is tucked into his pants.

I really like the overall look of this figure. I think it is a great homage to the original Dr. Fate design by Gardner Fox. 

Image of figure from my personal collection


1 comment:

  1. By far the best Dr Fate fig! This is the fig I have for Fate in with my other JSA figs. The retro look is fantastic!

    The Irredeemable Shag

    ReplyDelete