Monday, October 1, 2012

There'll Be Others After Me

One of the things that I love most about Dr. Fate is that anyone can be Dr. Fate (so long as they are chosen).    Although I tend to contradict myself when I make a big stink about how the new Dr. Fate should be Kent Nelson, I really like this ideal.  One day, Kent Nelson will have to pass on his mantle to someone else, in that way Dr. Fate will always continue to live on.  I think that despite making Nabu look like a total asshole, the Young Justice cartoon has really capture the spirit of this ideal.  The following panel is from an alternate ending written by Mark Evanier, and art by Joe Bennett and Belardino Brabo.  This is from one of four alternate endings to Steve Gerber's unfinished Dr. Fate story from Countdown To Mystery.


No comments:

Post a Comment