Friday, December 28, 2012

Dr. Fate into 2013

The upcoming year seems really promising for the Doctor Fate character.  For one, he will be reintroduced into the DCnU with a brand new secret identity in the form of Khalid and getting his costume redesigned by Brett Booth.  Needless to say, I am super excited to see the new Dr. Fate in action in the pages of James Robinson's Earth 2. Apart from his reintroduction into the pages of DC Comics, Dr. Fate will also be making at least one more appearance in the Young Justice show as evidenced in this preview clip by DC Nation: Young Justice Clip 

However, apparently, that will not be the good doctor's only television appearance as evidently he has also been tapped to appear on his own animated short on DC Nation!  Now, I'm really excited about that!  I have not seen any official announcements by DC on the Dr. Fate shorts but it is listed in the DC Nation Shorts Wikipedia page.  The Dr. Fate shorts have also been discussed briefly on other blogs, but again, I haven't read anything official from DC Comics or DC Nation.  If the shorts do happen, I will be a very happy man.  So cheers to the new year filled with our favorite Lord of Order!  So glad that the world didn't end this month. :-)









2 comments:

  1. That's great news about a potential short. I wonder if they'll go for humor or seriousness. I hope seriousness. While I love the shorts like Animal Man, I'd rather see something WOWZA like the Spectre short on the Animated DVDs.

    The Irredeemable Shag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hope they go the serious route too.

      Delete