Friday, February 8, 2013

New Dr. Fate Images, News and Random Thoughts

Ok, lots of stuff I want to touch on today...let's start with this awesome image that was released yesterday from Earth 2 #10:


































It's a close up of the new Helm of Nabu with Khalid reaching out to it.  I love that Brett Booth added decoration to the Helm because if it truly is an ancient artifact, then it would have some sort of decoration on it.  Makes the helm look that much more awesome.

Ok, so moving on to the Earth 2 solicitation for May.  The cover looks amazing, the new Dr. Fate design is just bad-ass:


































Info from the solicitation:

EARTH 2 #12
Written by JAMES ROBINSON
Art by NICOLA SCOTT and TREVOR SCOTT
Cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND
1:25 B&W Variant cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND
On sale MAY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
The drums of war begin to sound as the heroes of Earth 2 rally behind Dr. Fate—and a threat from Apokolips becomes all too real!

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!  Wotan and Dr. Fate once again engaged in battle.  Looks absolutely fantastic.

Lastly, I wanted to add some thoughts about my review of Earth 2 # 9.  Although, I did say I was disappointed in not seeing Khalid don the Helm of Nabu in that issue, after stepping back I gotta say that it is really awesome that James Robinson is taking his time to develop Khalid's, Nabu's, and Dr. Fate's character.   As a fan, I am so happy to have an entire arc dedicated to the [new] origin of my favorite character and am glad that I have three more months dedicated to Dr. Fate.  Can't ask for more.



No comments:

Post a Comment