Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Unsolicited Advice for CW, WB and DC Comics






Yesterday's news of the upcoming Flash television show was very exciting.  DC comics fans were all a buzz on twitter talking about the announcement, and although there was some negative feelings, I would say for the most part the reaction was mostly positive.  I for one, am very excited about the Scarlet Speedster getting his own show as his show might be able to highlight some other super powered heroes that may have not made it onto Green Arrow's television show.  And I think we all know who I'm talking about when I say other super powered heroes, right? *cough* Dr. Fate *cough*

With all the discussions about the new Flash show on twitter yesterday, I spoke to some like-minded comic book fans (@GL875 & @IndigoLantern) regarding the possibility of getting other heroes their own tv shows.  And here is my unsolicited ideas/advice to the CW/WB/DC Comics:

Make a DC Presents show where a hero is highlighted over a one season story arc.  American Horror Story, over on FX, has already set the precedent for one season arcs, so this would not be new to television audiences.  Moreover, if this show were to be a "supernatural" style show highlighting some of DC's dark characters this might resonate with audiences even more.  Characters such as the Spectre, Dr. Occult, Dr. Fate, Madam Xanadu, and the Phantom Stranger would make for great one arc seasons.  Also, in this way perhaps the threat that the main JL Dark would be taking on in their big screen film might be introduced and built up before the movie comes out.

I know everyone has their ideas to pitch the WB and DC Comics executives, thought I'd pitch in my two cents as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment