Thursday, April 17, 2014

Earth 2: World's End Announced

Newsarama reported that DC Comics has announced their third weekly series titled Earth2: World's End.  The series will debut in October when many DC titles will fast forward 5 years into the future to coincide with the World's End event.  Below is the teaser image for the upcoming weekly series:


As you can see, the image features Val, as what appears to be the new Superman of Earth 2, Power Girl, Batman holding what looks to be a deceased Huntress, Dr. Fate's helmet on the ground and Green Lantern's arm with the ring falling off of his finger.  For more info on the actual series you can read the article posted on Newsarama here: http://www.newsarama.com/20863-dc-s-third-weekly-earth-2-worlds-end-coming-in-october.html.  

For the remainder of this post I though I would just give my take on the series.  It looks like World's End may be the ending of the Earth 2 world.  One can see Apokolips crushing Earth 2's moon in the background and our heroes continue to look beaten and worn.  I have a feeling this may be the New 52's Infinite Crisis where all worlds merge into one.  I hope that I am wrong about this and that Earth 2 survives this crisis.  Dr. Fate's helmet just lying there gives me a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach with regards to my favorite hero's future.  I feel like ever since James Robinson left the series Khalid has not gotten a fair shot.  He has been basically beaten to a pulp and left on the sidelines since Taylor took over.  I hope that Khalid gets a fair shot to take on the Dr. Fate mantle and shine as Dr. Fate.  But I have a feeling this may not be the case.  All I can do is hope for the best for Dr. Fate and the rest of Earth 2.  I know all my posts lately have been pretty negative, but let's be honest, Earth 2 has not given us much to be positive about lately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment