Friday, April 25, 2014

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

I was just made aware of this by Christopher Walunas on the Tower of Fate facebook page.  I give you Marvel's the Norn:


Like my title suggests, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and DC Comics should be flattered that Marvel would copy such a great character.  The Norn, apparently takes his name from gods of Norse mythology who are comparable to the Greek "Fates."  As you can see, the Norn also appears to work for the forces of Order who also apparently dislike Chaos.  The Norn appears to be a one-off deal and appears in Marvel's New Avengers #1.  It would be kind of cool if the Norn was to appear in the Dr. Strange movie as an ode to Dr. Fate.  I would not mind that at all, after all Dr. Strange did take after DC's first Doctor of magic.  

Thanks Christopher for the heads up on this character.

*UPDATE*
Okay I came across some more information.  The Norn is part of a team called the Great Society and his first appearance New Avengers #16.  I am going to try and find a copy of it after work today.  Here is the picture of the team:

Comic Vine has a description of the team here: http://www.comicvine.com/great-society/4060-60698/

Has anyone read this issue?  If so, let me know how it is.  Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment