Thursday, September 18, 2014

Multiversity: Society of Super-Heroes (quick and dirty) Review


A universe where Dr. Fate is the main man?  Yes please and thank you!!  As you can tell, I absolutely loved this issue of Multiversity.  Doc Fate is awesome, he is a mix of Batman, Dr. Fate, and Doc Savage.  Did I mention that I loved this issue of Multiversity?  This issue had everything including Kent Nelson and Nabu name drops by Doc Fate.  There where also ankhs!


It was cool to see Doc Fate also be a person of color, that much like Khalid, was an adopted son of Kent and Inza Nelson.  It was also awesome to have him be the leader of the Society of Super-Heroes.  God, this issue was awesome.  But the very best part of the issue is the panel below:


That's Doc Fate kicking Doctor Faust right in the nuts.  Awesome!  This issue had everything, Lady Blackhawks, the Atom, Abin Sur as this section's Green Lantern, Immortal Man, zombies, and just plain awesomeness.  I give it 5 stars,....no, no, I give it 10 stars...no, no wait 100 stars...well, you get the picture, the book was phenomenal.  If I didn't have to get back to work I would write much, much more, but bottom line I loved it.  It felt like the old school DC comics I read as a kid. 





No comments:

Post a Comment